[RC] OLD DOMINION!! - rides2far

Hello, Angie, you are leaving out one crucial element
in your weather report!  HUMIDITY %!

Well...somewhere there's a chart that shows the maximum humidity
possible...for instance, I don't believe it *can* be 100 degrees with
100% humidity...somehow...anyway when one goes up the other goes
down...which probably means we'll pay in humidity for any drop in temp.
I'm sure it's as bad there as it is here. Let's just say...HIGH. The air
feels *thick* when you breath it, it does not feel like you've opened an
oven t, it feels like you took the top off a pot with boiling water in
it. Your face always has a lovely, *glow*...like when the makeup people
in the movies follow the star around squirting their face with a
waterbottle to give them that "physically exerting theirself" look. We
glow.  Our horses have damp flanks when they just stand around in the
shade. It does not evaporate. The air does not want any more moisture,
it's holding all that it is capable of holding off the ground.  When we
get out of a pool (if we're lucky enough to have access to one) we don't
dry off. We just stand around, wet. If you pull your hair back in a
ponytail it will still be wet tomorrow.  Dr. Nik in Malaysia understands.

I am now going out to the thick outdoors, to carry in three large coolers
full to the lids with ice (raided my school's ice machine). I will sit
them near my air conditioner vents until I leave in the morning, hoping
that if I don't open any of the lids till Saturday some of it will still
be "not warm".

I think my reasoning when making such a big deal out of this is that if I
fail, I can justify it...and if I make it, it'll feel like a bigger
accomplisment. :-)  Last night I said to Bill, "What if I just gave out
and couldn't do it" and he just looked at me and started laughing and
said, "Nah". So, I guess he believes in me. :-)

Angie