[RC] Tipperary Helmets - Lucy Trumbull

I've used Troxel Sport helmets for years and had tried on
a Tipperary Sportage in a store one time and decided
it didn't fit.

Later, visiting a friend, I tried on their Tipperary and
discovered that theirs fit very nicely - so I suspect they
can feel a little tight until they "bed in".

So I bought myself a Tipperary and rode a 50 in it
later that week, having only done one previous (short)
ride in it. It worked great and I forgot I had it on.

'Course the next ride I did, Washoe Valley, I managed
to fall off and whack my head and get a concussion. No
visible damage to the helmet, but I decided to be on the
safe side and contacted the company to get a replacement.

Although I hadn't filled out the warranty card, and had lost
the receipt, I was able to get the small local store to fax
a copy of the receipt to Phoenix Performance Products
in Canada (the helmet was only a month old) and they
are sending me a replacement for half price. The lady
at Phoenix was extremely nice (we talked about sending
my helmet back to have it checked and she said with the
cost of shipping, I might as well just get a replacement one).

Also nice, was that the small local store I bought the
helmet from originally ("On the Buckle" in Shingle Springs,
CA) was able to pull up my receipt and took the trouble to
fax it to Canada at a moment's notice. I could have bought
the helmet mail order probably cheaper, but the customer
service I received made it worthwhile.

Lucy Chaplin Trumbull
elsietee AT foothill DOT net
Repotted english person in the Sierra foothills, CA