Re: [RC] OLD DOMINION!! - rides2far

Angie you're whining!!

You had better believe it! It's obvious you have never been around me or
you'd expect it. I feel I have the right. I choose to do a very
uncomfortable sport, then I choose to do the most torturous distance, on
what is probably the most torturous course available to me, on what will
probably be a very unpleasant day. I do these things because I like to
whine, thus I have to come up with a justifiable reason to do so!

Suncreen (LOL, wasn't there a songor something?)

I have never worn sun-screen. I live for that big fever-blister I get 3
days after the ride. It's because I can't pass up a bargain. I know there
are those who are *paying* to get sun in a tanning booth and here I can
count it as part of what I get for my entry fee. :-) Also, I thought it
over long ago...there are two types of old women...The "Aunt B's" who are
pink and have soft skin...then there's the "Navajo Women" from the old
Time Life book portraits. I think I'm going for the Navajo look.

ICE ..So pack in as much as you can.  > (I
freeze anything/everything freezable that goes in my cooler.  Also,
fill > halfway + freeze  the recylced laundry jugs I use for crewing.)

Got ya covered. Will be going to my school tomorrow to get the principal
to open up the cafateria where I will be filling several chests from the
ice machine.

Gatorade type drink, you guys are from the southeast, you know the
deal. > Lack of Gatorade is probably the #1 reason for the infamous OD
hallucinations!

Or then it could be Jody's "Pain Killer" that she drinks. >eg<  I stocked
up on Gatorade today...Check!

 (Though I still swear I saw one of the Crandell
brothers in > a dress,

Well, after seeing Kevin Baird in that long T-shirt that had a woman's
body in a bikini printed on it...a hallucination would be nothing. (I did
see that once didn't I??? Or did I hallucinate it?)

Of course, tons of cool snacks for the humans and horses. (frozen
grapes are > the best!)

Teeth are too sensitive. I microwave the lettuce for my salad!  I go for
salty snacks & cold drinks.

A shirt you don't mind soaking in ice cold stream water and putting
back on!

I prefer dipping my helmet and letting it do the slow seep. If I took off
my shirt people would see why others pay for a tanning booth to get
something other than a T-shirt tan!

The rest is easy...  ;-)

What's that...the drive home?

cheer
everyone in at the finish!

If you're there cheering when *I* come in, I'll be impressed!

Angie

P.S. Evelyn's tights came today and the weather forecast says 97 Friday
but a cool front coming in Sat! Pray it doesn't get stalled!!!