Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] About helmets - April

I second the Tipperary Sportage. I bought mine from The Distance Depot while they were at Chicken Chase. While I wanted to wear it at that ride, I waited until my next training ride. Fits me so well!! I've worn it on a few training rides and a 50 mile endurance ride. I love it. My Troxel gave me headaches and my Lexington slid around on my head.

I highly recommend the Tipperary, but I suggest finding a vendor that has one for you to try on as all heads are not built the same.

One thing that I find slightly irritating is that I have to make my pony tail a little looser to get the bulge under the rim of the back of the helmet, but that's ok and I feel safer with a helmet that comes down further.

It does have a tiny little almost non-existent visor, so you might want to add one on as Ranelle did.

It's surprising light and comfortable.

April
Nashville, TN
http://endurancerider.blogspot.com