[RC] Bear Status Report - sherman

Micki,

How long have you lived in this area? Have the bears ever been like this before? I never saw any until last year, but I’ve only been riding the canyon for about 3 or 4 years. I think some bear encounter education is needed very quickly. I’d sure hate to be out there alone, on foot or bike especially, with my snacks or Gatorade,  & encounter one of them.

Kathy

another siting today around the same area by Kristy Basile and Karen peck. Seems as though a bear just hung out under a tree about 35 feet away and just stared-this was over at the Olmstead Loop

Micki