[RC] handicapping situations Can the horse be lunged? - Tx Trigger

You can lunge your circles at a NATRC ride, or trot them in hand for the circles. If you are unable to trot your horse in hand away from the vet and judge, and then back when the circles are done, many riders who can not "run" will have another rider, or friend/ family member run the horse down. Then the horses rider will lunge the circles, and then the "runner" will run the horse back to the vet and judge for the rider. As mentioned, the judges really do try to work with what ever the riders situation is, to have them be able to compete. Some horsemanship judges will tell the rider, that if the designated "runner" does something that is poor horsemanship, like wrapping the lead around their hand or such, they will get those points off on their horsemanship score card, as if they did it. Never had one say that was not fair that I have heard.

I always wonder why those who have little experience with certain events, seem to think they know all about them...... Kind of like some horse show riders who think endurance riders "run their horses into the ground"......
Jonni