Re: [RC] Rude Rider - Solution #10 - Rob Losey

Patty,

Laws very from State to State, and I have no doubt if you say it's very difficult it your State that it is. While a full restraining order in Michigan does require more proof, you can get a court order denying access to private property you own much easier. A restraining order restrict a person's freedom in areas they can normally go to include public areas, because the restricted area surrounds a person. An order restricting access to a specific private property is legal notice the owner doesn't want you there, and uses the power of the State's criminal trespass laws. My comment was not intended as legal advise and anyone reading should seek advice in their own State to see what laws apply.

Rob and Annabelle

PS - While I understand that this issue is very important to all involved. My comment was some what tounge-in-cheek as I didn't think that this issue had reached a point that someone would really want the offending parties taken away to jail in handcuffs. I didn't mean to doubt or pass judgment. I'm sure these Hooligans have a different side to this story.

This is not true. In our state you have to go through a very lengthy process to get a restraining order. There has to be proof of threat on your life. And it is very difficult to do that.
Patty