[RC] Sued for speed saga - Kristi Schaaf

Since quite a few people asked me to keep them updated
on the "Sued for speed" lawsuit that I posted about
last week, here's an update...

Hubby saw the 'speeder' at work today (the guy is in
the IT dept so hubby only sees him sporadically) and
asked him how it was going. Well.....this poor guy is
so worried that I don't think he's acting rationally.
He's going to hire a lawyer to send the dead horse's
owner $300 for 'burial costs' along with a letter
stating that if the guy accepts the money, he can't
sue. The guy is worried that the owner will say his
horse is worth $10K or something. Hubby told him that
by sending money it almost makes it sound like he's
admitting to some type of wrongdoing, and that maybe
wasn't the impression the guy should be making. Then,
hubby asked him "so, how fast were you going when you
popped over the rise?" The answer makes me just
imagine the hypothetical dialogue in court...
Judge: Plaintiff, what is your complaint?
Plaintiff: That maniac was FLYING down the trail, and
scared my horse so bad that he bolted and crashed into
a tree and died.
Judge: Could you please define 'flying'?
Plaintiff: Well, I don't know judge, as it happened in
such a blur that it must have been incredibly fast,
WAY too fast to be safe, and he should be ashamed that
he killed my horse.
Judge: Defendant, do you know how fast you were going?
Defendant: My Foxtrotter horse was doing his gait, and
that is a 7 mph pace.
Judge: HUH? SEVEN mph? Are you KIDDING me? Case
dismissed...

Of course, life's a crapshoot when you go to court,
and the judge might not think so logically...be
careful out there...

Kristi

Life's a journey, so enjoy the ride (and try not to fall off)

http://mail.yahoo.com