Re: [RC] refusing entry - Truman Prevatt

While I feel for RM's that bust their butt and volunteers that bust their butt - there is no rule against a rider being a "jerk." One persons "definition" of abusive is another's "definition" of expressing their opinion. There are jerks among us and from time to time, given dehydration, making a wrong turn and being frustrated all of us have the potential to become a jerk.

The line might be, if a rider, shoved, pushed or struck a volunteer, RM or vet, was argumentative with a vet and would not refuse to move on when asked or threatened physical harm to anyone else at the ride - then I think that clearly rises to the level of abuse that is envisioned in the rules.

If an RM wanted to file a protest for unsportmanlike conduct - that might work it would at least establish a paper trail that could be used if another RM filed the same protest for a different ride. A rider refused entry can file a protest and I suspect the burden of proof would be quite high on those that refused the entry.

All in all ignoring the jerks seess the best course of events unless they do step over the line (see above) and then file a protest and hit them with everything but the kitchen sink including a call to the local Sheriff.

Truman

Tx Trigger wrote:
Maybe number 6 "Obeying all the rules" But it is a tad unclear to me, if a ride manager CAN disqualify a rider for Abusive harassment of ride personnel. It only says they can be denied entry. Can someone clear this up?
Jonni

--

“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong” Richard Feynman, Nobel Laureate in Physics