Re: [RC] sharing rides was best way to save gas money - Karen Sullivan

Thanks for reminding me of all that.....

Truck went in today for new tiress (6), alighment, brakes checked, oil change, filter, fuel filer, etc, etc. as it just hit 100,000........if my total is less than $2,000 I will count myself lucky.
----- Original Message -----
From: CTH
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 6:55 AM
Subject: [RC] sharing rides was best way to save gas money

The fuel is only part of the cost.
wear and tear , clean up, tires, insurance, oil changes ($100 for my diesel)
I am thinking a 2/3 - 1/3 split on fuel is more realistic.
I have paid all the fuel when sharing if they supply the rig.
With fuel costs so high I think 2/3 - 1/3 is fair if there is just 2 people. 3 people ( I have a 3 horse trailer) 1/2 and 1/2 for the extras no fuel for the rig owner.
Just my .10 cents worth (with the price of everything going up my .02 cents worth is now costing .10 lol)

Paddi (who had to put a $5000 transmission into her truck and added
up the costs of almost $10.000 in the last couple years to keep the
rig running safely , still cheaper then a new truck )

Checked by AVG Free Edition.