[RC] Using Human HRM on horse - kramspott

I know I've read on ridecamp where some folks have adapted a human heart rate monitor to their horse.  I sent my polar back to them and based on the e-mail I got from them mine might be dead but I do need to call them.
But... I do have a working human one and was thinking it might be just as easy to adapt it.  Could someone explain to me how they did it?  The human belt is so short comparatively to where the 'electrodes' would need to be on the horse it looks like to me.

Kathy