[RC] Mongolian horses - sherman

Although they don’t do much training as we know it, the horses seem to be well broke. After all, little kids ride them so you should be okay with their horses. Baagii was surprised when my horse (he was riding) balked at something, minor, but still a balk. It was as though he’d never had a horse do that before, and he’s been riding all his life in Mongolia. Now camels, I don’t know about that! What an adventure you’ll have.

Kathy

Fascinating!  And when Lud and I take our trip to Mongolia in August (the reason we postponed Swanton Pacific until next year), we are scheduled to observe a Naadam.  I understand we also will have the opportunity to ride horses AND camels.  What and adventure THIS is going to be.  I just wish I were about 15 years younger!!  But I'm going to ride anyway and take my chances on disposition and training, of both the horses and the camels.  Here I have been so careful of late, selecting a horse for his great disposition and spook-free behavior.  Now I'm going to ride animals of which I have no knowledge.  Oh, well....you only live once.

Barbara