Re: [RC] Best way to save gas money - Patty P

Next time be sure to get someone that can trailer her horse to your place and go from there. After all, your rig is getting the wear and tear, right?

Patty

-------Original Message-------

Date: 5/16/2007 12:45:29 PM
Subject: [RC] Best way to save gas money

*Best* way to save gas:  Recruit a new endurance rider (each one add
one!) then, split the gas with them. It's like putting gas prices
back below $1.50 in one fell swoop. Everybody's got to quit carrying
so much junk though. You know you *can* get by with less because you
used to!

I split the gas to the Million Pines ride with Molly Herlong. It was
a little extra trouble, added an hour or so to my commute just by
detouring and picking her up. Had to carry a *tad* less junk but
nothing I needed was left out. Thing was, with her along to talk to
the trip *seemed* shorter, and it sure was nice to only pay gas one
way!

Another nice plus would be fewer rigs in camp per horse so less
crowding. :-))

Angie