[RC] watering - Marcia Nelson

An idea that worked for me with a mare that didn't want to drink unless it was totally her idea. At home I kept her water outside of her paddock. I offered her water morning noon and night and she said no each time. I'd give her a reasonable amount of time each time I offered it to her and then I'd put her back. She went over 24 hours saying no and finally the next time I offered it to her, she dove in and drank and drank. She has been good at drinking at watering stops ever since and her water is now back inside of her paddock.
Marcia Nelson