[RC] LBL EXPRESS 2007 - Diane Fruth

Hi Everyone,
This is the last year for Jerry, Ryan(our 17 year old son) and I to manage the LBL EXPRESS:(
We want to thank everyone for their love,help and support.

I just wanted send a reminder about the LBL EXPRESS this weekend in Golden Pond, Kentucky.

I have received a numerous amount of emails...yes..it's a huge place and NO we do not have LIMITED ENTRIES!

25 & 50 Mile Ride, 2-Day 100 and 11 Mile Fun Ride on Saturday:)
We are sanctioned with SERA. SEDRA, OAATS, IAHC and AHA!
All the AHA riders, please remember to bring your competition cards:)

Registration starts at 1:30 pm to dusk on Thursday for Friday's riders.
Vet-in 3 to dusk....but Dr. Otis is always nice and will vet you in if it's not too late!

Registration for Saturday starts around 3:00pm on Friday, vet-in  around 4-6 scheduled but will take late arrivals till dusk!

Looks like we are going to be blessed with the weather repeating from last year!!! Yeah!
Forecast Friday May 18th Sunny 75 High/51 low. Saturday Partly Cloudy High 78/Low 53

We have 4 Vets, Head Vet is Dr Otis.
Nancy Gooch will be our Head Timer.
Our Farrier Kenny Taylor, runs the Riding Stable at LBL, so he is on-site
Teddy from Running Bear will be our Vendor
Photographer is Daniel Johnson (Friday only)

Friday night we will have a Bar-BQue dinner, $10 adult, kids under 12 $5.00
Saturday night we will have a Catered dinner with Veggie Lasagna and Chocolate Meringue Pie/Peach Cobbler for desserts...yummy... $10 adult, kids under 12 $5.00

LBL has a restaurant on site, cabins to rent(I believe they are all taken now though), 150 stalls, 176 electrical hook-ups throughout the campground, warm showers/restrooms.
You can make reservations in "AREA C" at www.reserveamerica.com (I am not sure there are any left)!

The riders with electrical corrals can park in the Generator Field "Area D", you will have a basic camping charge of $12 a night.

We will have vet checks out, you are going to see Buffalo, a trailer will be going to the vet check for riders without a crew.Remember to bring your tents for shade, buckets for the vet checks, water will be provided for the horses/riders.

They do not take reservations on the stalls..if you want one you arrive, you better get it!
By Friday night they may be gone! Bring your own shavings if you want to, they do sell them at the Restaurant!

Bring your own picket line rope for those of you not using the corrals or electrical fencing. If you have corrals that are metal, you may use them in the picket line area, but NO ELECTRIC ALLOWED...sorry...safety issue...only in "AREA D" Generator Field are electrical corrals allowed!

Awards...top ten in the 50,2-Day 100, middle of the pack, turtle awards, first place in 25 & 50, BC's 25 & 50, 2-Day 100, completion awards,just for entering the ride,etc!

Call me after Tuesday night, I will be off-line after that!

~Diane Fruth-Ride Manager
(812) 499-5745 (cell)
hikryrdg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
LBL EXPRESS
Golden Pond, Kentucky
(near Cadiz, Kentucky)
May 18th & 19th, 2007
Sanctioned by AERC, IAHC, SERA, SEDRA,OAATS and AHA
25 & 50 Mile, 2-Day 100
11 Mile Fun Ride on Sat. only
LBL's website:
www.lbl.org

~Diane Fruth-Ride Manager
Daddy's Day Dash
Contact Jinnifer Plummer
WJEquineRanch@xxxxxxx
(765)342-9430
Midwest TrailRide Campground
Norman, Indiana
June 15th & 16th, 2007
25 & 50 Mile, 2-Day 100, 12 Mile Fun Ride on Sat.
www. midwesttrailride.com
Sanction UMECRA, AHA, OAATS & IAHC

~Diane Fruth-Ride Manager
hikryrdg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx