[RC] simple boots vs ???????? - heidi larson

Ok, horses are barefoot for their winter break from shoes and I'd like to have a set for my horse's front feet for longer winter trail rides on gravel roads.  Definitely going to be used as a spare and the occasional winter trail ride, probably no more than 8-10 miles.  Do the Simple boots perform well?  Rub? Easy to measure/fit and put on?  Any twisting? I have an assortment of e-z boots but to be perfectly honest, they are a pain in the @$$ and I never seem to get the correct size, get them on correctly, etc.  I bought size 1's for Ash but the will not go on, his feet have gottent too big. (They measured the correct size 3 years ago when I bought them.)  A 2 may fit him, but I'd rather try something new and something my stepdaughter could actually put on herself without alot of hassle.  So, concensus on the Simple Boot, comparisons to Boa, Old Mac, etc. would be helpful, these aren't cheap investments and non returnable if dirty, so I'd like to get it right the first time.

thanks everyone and you can reply privately if you want.

heidi larson and Kalasha