[RC] tie-up - sherman

I have a quick question; I have an acquaintance whose horse tied up recently about 8 miles out on a ride, then had problems on short rides on following days, not sure how much of a rest the horse was given.  I think this was 2 weeks ago. How long of a rest should be given if the horse had a true tie-up? I know there should have been tests to see how much damage was done, but I’m getting info 2ndhand and don’t know all the facts, only that she plans on returning the horse to her conditioning regiment now. Seems a bit soon to me. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks,

Kathy