[RC] Barbaro - Suzanne Boyd

Someone mentioned his high stud fees. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't want to breed to a stallion whose legs were fragile enough to break just accelerating out of a starting gate.

Well, Joe, neither would I. But that description fits most of the Thoroughbreds being bred today. Unfortunately, what sells in the breeders market is precocious speed, not soundness. That's why I will be breeding my nice Thoroughbred mare to an Arab!

And as far as Barbaro commanding high stud fees,,,I doubt it. If he pulls through this latest setback it will be a miracle and a testament to his huge heart. The chances that he will EVER be able to cover a mare(t-breds are live cover only)is very,very slim.

Suzanne Boyd