Re: [RC] Q4. Penalties - Truman Prevatt

Thanks Jay for sharing this. I do have a few questions.

1. First I am under the impression that some of the rules the AERA has is because of pressure from the Government over the perception that endurance is a potentially "abusive" sport that if not well managed could have negative impact on the horse. Is that true or a rumor and if true what portion of the rules were to satisfy the Government?

2. From looking at the AERA website it appears that endurance riding in Australia is somewhat decentralized - and the "state" organizations are an integral part of the overall structure. This is compared to the US where the regional and organizations where they exist are pretty much outside of the AERC. Is this observation valid and if so what are the pros and cons?

3. How difficult was it to implement your penalty system and what was the added cost?

Thanks for your input.

Truman

Jay Randle wrote:
Hi All

And now for Question Number 4:

We are extremely lucky in Australia to have quite a good system of record-keeping within the AERA. If a horse and/or a rider incurs a penalty, this penalty is recorded and the information on the penalty is then distributed to Ride Organisers on a regular basis, allowing them to know the status of any horse/rider.

--

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.” Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil