[RC] [RC] 30 Min rule - sherman

Hmmm, 3 deaths (in how many starts?) suggestive of overriding.  Do you think riders who blatantly override their horses would ride any differently if they knew they had 30 min instead of 60 min to get their completion vet check?  There will always be people (hopefully very few of them) who cause problems for their animals, either because of ignorance or lack of concern for anyone or anything except themselves. A new rule isn’t going to change that, IMHO.

Kathy

Bruce wrote:

First, there's been almost no evidence of ulcers found in all the post-mortems done. No deaths were determined to be connected to ulcers, even partially. Many of the deaths were either accidents or unrelated to how the horse was ridden--broken leg, broken back, falls, CVA's, etc.,. I would have to go to my files and count, but a safe estimate would be less than three are suggestive of blatant overriding.