Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 5:17 PM
Subject: [RC] New AERC rules - Otis

I've always gotten sound training/conditioning advice from Otis. He's wonderful about observing HOW my horses feel before/during/after each ride, and then telling me how to slightly alter their training/conditioning. So that they progressively improve in a safe manner.

One thing EVERYONE will agree about Otis - is that he HATES seeing horses pushed well-past their capabilities. And has no problem lecturing that rider about it! He REALLY hates it - when he sees certain riders CONTINUALLY pushing their horses too-hard ride-after-ride.

In my very limited AERC experience - I've already seen certain riders doing this. And being continually pulled for metabolic/lameness.

If riders can't have common sense - then rules NEED to be put in place. After all - doesn't the horse's health come FIRST in the AERC?????

- LP