RE: [RC] 30 Min Rule - Jim Holland

I was going to reply to Eric as well, but I think Truman pretty much handled
that question.

Bruce, in your case, this is "tunnel vision" thinking. Perhaps we should
repeal the DUI laws? Are you proposing that we don't need laws, i.e. "rules"
because the people who break them are just oblivious to what they are doing?
I suppose they don't know that "drinking" leads to drunkenness and the
"tangible results" they see are when they crack up their vehicle and kill
someone. Should we just "council" them and hope they will change their ways?

I assume you have statistics to back up your statement that:

"These proposals may feed our angry need to punish those that bring harm to
our horses, but most horse abuse is either out of ignorance or the rider not
even being aware that something is amiss until tangible signs present
themselves."

I don't believe that for a minute.

As to my three-in-a-row pulls for lameness, none of them were remotely
related to metabolic and anyone in Southeast will tell you that when I was
riding Sunny during that period, he was forever yanking front shoes because
he has a big trot. I even went to Farrier School to solve this problem. In
1100 miles he was truly "lame" once...when he fell in water filled bog on
the trail...and that was my fault....should have bushwhacked around it...AND
I don't like easy trails....I ride the hard ones.

A little misdirection here? Let's not change the subject...typically horses
don't die from being lame.

As for being "on the job", that implies that you are accomplishing
something...and I don't think you and I share much common ground on this
subject.

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic

Richard T. "Jim" Holland
Three Creeks Farm