RE: [RC] 30 minutes vet-in time - heidi

I find Flora's comments odd.  In Europe, nearly all rides are "FEI" rides--even the local rides.  In this country, some RMs choose to double-sanction "regular" AERC rides with FEI rides--and their rides are no different than the other rank and file AERC rides.  They do not need to change their venues--they only need to provide the extra staffing required by FEI, ie stewards, etc.  I don't know of a ride in my own region that could NOT apply for FEI sanctioning, should they so choose, and that would be "disqualified" from same due to their venue.

If you are talking about international championships, then yes, we would be comparing apples and oranges.  Having put on a Pan-Am, I am all too familiar with the added requirements of the venue for rides at that level.  But having also attended dual-sanctioned FEI rides at the Teeters' in Oreana and at Fort Howes, I've seen first-hand that the argument that "local" FEI rides somehow need special venues simply does not hold water.  The reason why our rides are not FEI-sanctioned is not that they couldn't be--it is because we have a strong national organization that predates FEI endurance in this country, most of our riders don't give a hang about the rides being FEI-sanctioned and only care if they are AERC-sanctioned, and most of our managers don't want the extra hassle and expense.  It has nothing to do with where they are held.

Once again, "that dog don't hunt."

Heidi

Leonard, Belgium wrote: "It is strange that you still enforce the one hour
rule to vet-in. In FEI rides up to 120Kms, pulse down time limit is only 20
minutes. On 160 (CEI***) it is 30 minutes.  Concerning qualification rides
(up to 90kms) the pulse down is 20 minutes but you have to meet the 56 BPM
criteria. I'm speaking here about qualifications rides in France and
Belgium. Just to feed the debate..."

The  majority of AERC rides are not sited in an environment that is even
remotely acceptable to FEI requirements for an FEI ride.

No  debate. Apples and oranges, once again.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=