[RC] When people ask (was: Santa Fe) - k s swigart

Ginger said:

Some of you act like you know it all, which you don't.
I don't care how many years you've been at it you can
learn alot as well. Just SHUT-UP about the novice rider
and what a person should or should not do and ride
YOUR OWN RIDE!

It is unclear to me why anybody would participate on an endurance
mailing list where the purpose is to be able to ask for, give, and/or
receive advice if one's attitude is to tell everybody to "just shut up"
about "what a person should or should not do."

The WHOLE purpose of asking for advice is to get answers.

So please, please, please.  If I ever ask for advice, just give it to me
(and yes, you can tell me of your experiences and why you think this
advice is good advice so I can better evaluate it).  Please do NOT be
afraid to do so because somebody else might tell you to shut up if they
don't like it.

The last thing in the world that any thinking person should want is for
people who are otherwise willing to offer (for free I might add) advice
that comes from their experience to refuse to provide it for fear of
being told to "shut up."

If people who have experience are unwilling to share it in the form of
advice to novices, then novices will be required to learn by making all
the mistakes themselves.  Personally, _I_ prefer to learn from OTHER
people's mistakes.

kat
Orange County, Calif.
:)