[RC] New Subject-Heart Monitors - Jan Flaningan

I am new to the sport, have ridden my first 25  last month finishing 18th out of 49. I was proud of that, figured I'd be the turtle!

I am interested in buying a heart rate monitor for my horse. I would like to stay basic, reasonably priced, and have the type you can wear on your wrist.

Can anyone give me their opinions as the the best option? I've looked at websites but really don't know what I am looking at.

Thanks!
Jan