[RC] Phoenix Arizona relocation - Angie Fura

Hi - my husband and I are thinking about relocating to Phoenix within the next two years or so.   I've been to the area twice, once on vacation and again on business, but I haven't had a chance to check out what horse-keeping is like in that area.

I would appreciate it if anyone from Phoenix could give me information on the following items:

-Best housing locations that would offer the ability to ride from my home without trailering. (My husband's office would be located on Black Canyon Blvd near Dunlap Ave).
-Basic info on how horses are generally housed
-Average distance to endurance rides
-Basic info on the hay and feed available in that area
-Average cost of shoeing

To give you some background on my current set-up, here's a description of my home and habits.  Here in Tennesse, we have 5 acres, a metal barn with 3 stalls and and a wood fence.   The horses are turned out on a 2 acre (approx) pasture 12 hours a day.  We stall at night and feed the boys twice a day.  They are fed Purina Ultium, beet pulp, and bermuda hay.  They are shod every 5 weeks at approx $120 each.  I have access to 24 plus miles of horse trails right out my back door.  There are tons of rides - at least two a month, except July, Aug, Dec, Jan - within 8 hours of my house.

I know horsekeeping in AZ is drastically different than Tennessee. I'm trying to determine just how different and if its something we can afford.  Arizona is such a beautiful place.  I hope it works out for us!

Thanks for your help!!!!

Angie Fura
Trace Tribute 25/55
www.tracetribute.com

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time