[RC] saddle issues: barrel backed horses - nina bomar

I have a big ½ Arab ½ running quarter mare who is very wide backed and then a little 14.3 Arab gelding that is short backed and wide as well.? I also have an Arab gelding who is slightly narrow and has a higher wither, in which I ride him in an Orthoflex Cutback and I love it.? The Orthoflex however definitely does not fit the two wide backed horses.? I don’t know where to start with this whole saddle shopping thing.? I remember it took me forever to finally find the Orthoflex and I dread the saddle shopping all over again. I wish it fit these other two horses, but they both have dry spots after riding and my gelding that it fits never has a dry spot.? My question is can anyone suggest a saddle that is similar to the OF Cutback but fits a more wide backed horse?

I recently volunteered at the lunch stop at the Malibu ride and thought that I would get some great ideas on which saddle to look into next.? Oh boy was I wrong……? each rider that came in seemed to have a different saddle.? I couldn’t believe how there really didn’t seem to be one saddle in particular that was more commonly used.? Additionally, all the riders had their own stories as to why their saddle was the best!!!?

Nina

AERC 4165?