[RC] Dainty horses - Spottedracer

Actually, I DID go out and get one on purpose!

Here's my 'retirement mount' - whom I expect to ride into my early sixties. (She'll be near 30 by that time - so she'll probably just be a light trailriding/parade horse by then ***grin** but she's the one we're breeding to a Jack for a gaited mule to carry my heavyweight hubby!)......... A Paso Fino Filly with a pedigree full of 'Classic Fino' Champions!   Yep, TINY '00' hooves and light-light bones.. Though she's a little taller than what I wanted (she's over 14hh now at 3 1/2).. but chalked full of spunk and natural endurance.. And her pedigree and breeding are full of horses that were/are ridden until close to 30...Her ancestry are horses renowned for their ability & endurance in the mountanous terrain..

I'll switch one of my current mounts for her - in 3-or-4 years... Since I'm hopeful not to do anymore LDs after this year.. (my young daughter is already talking 50's next year.....)... I want to make sure this Fino is fully mature before beginning conditioning.. Can't WAIT - since it's true that Finos are the 'Lincolns of the gaited world'!

- LP