[RC] Endurance horse or prospect? - Faustina Duffy

OK, I'm sincerely curious, so since the lists seem to be unnaturally quiet (or my email's malfunctioning again!):  What do you (individually) feel it takes before a horse should be termed an ENDURANCE horse?

I'm hoping to overhaul my website (it's 3 years outdated, as the disasters here just keep coming) and am wondering how to term some of the horses I will be posting (some for sale, some merely kin for reference).

Is it merely that I intend/hope for a certain horse to be ridden for endurance?  Or is it because it has already done endurance?  If so, how many rides?  Should I make a distinction between the ones that have completed 50+ mile rides, or do LDs count?  What if it's conditioned for it but has yet to get to a ride?

Can it be based on what it's parents have done?  I have several who have a daddy that has done endurance, and one who has BOTH parents competing.  Does it even matter?

I have to say, it rankles me when folks who don't know endurance think a horse is suited for it simply because it has no brakes and always wants to run.  Or because it's a __________ (insert breed here, most commonly Arab) with no observations about it's soundness, health or history.  But I also want to direct my horses to homes where folks are looking for the qualities I appreciate in a true endurance horse:  Soundness over years of riding, sensibility on the trail, ability to cover varied terrain.  And of course, if possible, a note of the parameters observed such as resting heart rate, recovery times, etc.  Especially since most of mine are gaited, I know I'm walking a line when I say "This" will do endurance, as there are so many variables...

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

I'm still a newbie at this, so please be gentle with my ignorance!

Faustina Duffy M#33830