Re: [RC] Hopeful Prospect! HELP! - Lysane Cree

Good luck Kyle. Let us know how it goes.

My mare has acquired a few scars, one of which is an ugly scar on one of her hind cannons from a cut that was a bit of an endless saga of stitches, stitches ripping out, proud flesh growing in, getting that cut off and healing, a year later going through a fence and getting wood splinters in the scar tissue that have taken close to a year to all come out...and she is perfectly fine in terms of movement, soundness and ability to do distance, so I wouldn't worry about the scar unless a vet saw it as a problem because it was over a tendon or there was injury to the underlying bone, etc.

Lysane

Thekids18049@xxxxxxx wrote:
Well. I'm going to talk more in depth with them and talk with the chiro. that worked on her and the trainer to find out why she is crossfiring. I don't think it has anything to do with the scar on her leg.

I think it is more confusion with the lope they are asking her to do and she is young and green.

She was just broke last summer but not messed with much. They didn't send her to the WP trainer til this past late winter I believe. So she just started with the lope a few months ago. I don't think she's been in WP training long enough to have caused any hock problems or anything associated with WP as some have stated.

We'll see where the crossfiring leads and then the next step will be a vetcheck by an endurance vet.

Thanks
Kyle

See what's free at AOL.com.