[RC] Biltmore News and what I know - Sunset Farm

Greetings,  may be one of the first ones home so I will tell what I know.  There was a 3 way run for first on the 50--including Mary (Kornwolf) Howell also BC, Bonni Hannah and a 3rd lady whose name escapes me(sorry)  ride time of  about 4:30---tenth place was right at 6 hrs if i remember correctly.  Still have DIMR---For 100 news,  Steve Rojek won(ride time 10:16) with Kathy Brunjes and Meg Sleeper very very close behind,  Meg and Troy got BC and 4th was Lois MacAfee,I may have  3rd and 4th backwards,  my friend Ruth Anne Everett was 5th and I ended up 6th(Lynn Kenelly---it is Irish) with a ride time of 10:46.  I am very psyched to have done well running with the Big Dogs for the first time and earned my CoC on the first attempt with my fabulous horse, Sonny,  like they say in Nascar "that horse ran good all day".   The trail was very nasty,  the competition was stiff but very friendly and despite the steady rain demolishing the trail I saw lots of grins all day long.

Somebody asked about Patti and Ned and I am happy to say they finished,  other finishers in no particular order(other than as they pop into my brain)  Karen Issac, Nicki Mueten, Susan Kain,  Kara Disbrow,  Leigh Ann Pauley,  Tom Gower, Roxanne Ciccone,  Adri Dinkleman(the anchor for our no named team---we got 2nd!!) Both Joni Buttram and Josie McGee knocked out solid performances, and that is about all that I can remember right now.  They pulled Jesse Jarrett and Vicki Crance at the finish for rear end cramps, oh---Hernon Barbosa(great guy!!) also completed.

Started 59---finished 32 for a better than 50% completion rate in very gross, sloppy, slippery, wet, nasty, foul etc...conditions

Hopefully Angie will update with more complete results---as a side note I thought the ride ran very well----never heard any officials screaming or pointing or angry riders ranting,  the trail was marked well(as usual) plenty of top notch vets and I did not see any back ups at all,  you walked through the pulse box,  got your time and went straight to the vet who took your pulse---if you met criteria your time started when you walked across the designated line---if your pulse was not down you had 1 shot to get it right by circling back through the pulse box and back to the vets,  mainly in my opinion to keep everybody honest.  Biltmore is one of the premier rides on the East Coast and the vets expected us to present them with horses up to the task and sufficiently recovered, they did make allowances for uhhhhh   how do you say "extra ordinary outside stimulation" pulse bounces.

Any other questions I will try to answer---

happy(DRY) trails
Lynn Kenelly and Reminisonce+/ now w/ 6 100 mile completions