Re: [RC] Southern friends - Mary Ann Spencer

As this is my 2nd opportunity to work in Hawaii, you could subsitute Hawaiian for Southern.  This is an amazingly friendly respectfull place to work and play.
----- Original Message -----
Cc: 'Flinn'
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2007 11:11 AM
Subject: [RC] Southern friends

"FRIENDS" VS. "SOUTHERN" FRIENDS

FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Always bring the food. And lots of it.

FRIENDS: Will say "hello".
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Will give you a big hug and a kiss. More than one.

FRIENDS: Call your parents Mr. and Mrs.
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Call your parents Mom and Dad, and often.

FRIENDS: Have never seen you cry.
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Cry with you. And for you.

FRIENDS: Will eat at your dinner table and leave.
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Will spend hours there, talking, laughing, and just being
together. Then do the dishes before leaving.

FRIENDS: Know a few things about you.
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Could write a book with direct quotes from you. And most
of the time know you better than you do yourself.

FRIENDS: Will leave you behind if that's what the crowd is doing.
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Will kick the whole crowds' back-ends that left you. Then
walk beside you in the front of the crowd.

FRIENDS: Would knock on your door.
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Walk right in and say, "I'm home!" If you are not home
they will wait.

FRIENDS: Are for a while.
SOUTHREN FRIENDS: Are for life. And then some.

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic