Re: [RC] Saddle for dropped back - Ellen Zawada

Hi Jeanne,

I just purchased a treeless Sensation English Trail saddle for my 25yo gelding.  His back was very low and I had tried for 3 years to find a saddle that fit.  He absolutely loves it.  It has been years since he has had so much get up and go.  Once again he cannot wait to hit the trail, and he wants to move out as quickly as possible.  While the websight says they are not recommended for high withered horses, the demo worked great with a Skito pad.  After talking to Gerri, I decided to order a Skito pad with an extra layer of felted wool to give a little extra clearance.  We probably did not need it, but the extra room gave me peace of mind.  I just cannot say enough good things about this saddle.  Seeing the difference in my horse is amazing!

Ellen

Jeanne Slominski <endurancemorgan1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I tried the archives, but couldn't find anything on saddles for a horse whose back has dropped. Was thinking maybe a treeless saddle would work? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Zephyr Creek Kigers

http://www.freewebs.com/zephyrcreek/index.htm
http://community.webshots.com/user/zephyrcreek