From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Barbara McCrary
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 8:00 PM
To: geckogal85@xxxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Vosals

The concept is that the hinged pieces of metal toward the back of the Vosal act as a pincher on the jawbone.  There's where the control comes from.  I've never tried one, but have been tempted a couple of times.  I think if one pulled too hard, the control might be a bit severe, but as I haven't used one, ever, I may not know.  In some ways, it looks like it might act much as an old-time Spanish jaquima, with the rawhide bosal and the horsehair reins.

Barbara