Re: [RC] Horse's 1st 100/Kyle - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

Frank,

You couldn't have put this any clearer - thank you!  "If you believe your horse is sound and ready, do what you want...don't just "try"...DO the OD 100."

And isn't that what it is really all about.  The ability to believe in oneself well enough to "Just Do It?"  Trust in yourself and your horse and know that the horse relies on you to know when enough is enough!  That isn't just at a ride.  That is in all aspect of your interaction with together.

I also love the saying, "to finish is to win" and agree whole heartedly to know the difference in finishing at the cost of the horse could definitely 'not' make you a winner in any way!  Anyone that has worked with Arabian horses knows you can push them to their limits and in the end all that matters is whether you have their respect and trust.  In my book it doesn't matter what my accomplishments and results are with my horses - unless I have their respect at the end of the day!

Here is a fun thing I came across on the internet and could apply to any situation or ranch.

D'Arcy L. Demianoff-Thompson