[RC] those of you competeing in hoof boots, do you vet wrap the hoof? - Marta Kozlowska - sherman

I haven’t done a 50 in boots yet, that’ll be this weekend. I do have many, many miles of conditioning rides using them on Sonny, and he gets rubs if I don’t use vetrap. Once he got rubs, they were irritated even with vetrap between his skin and the gaiter, so I personally wouldn’t take the chance of not wrapping him. I know that other are successful in using the Epics without wrapping, unfortunately, I can’t. I have 3 horses that I have to wrap, one that I don’t, but that horse doesn’t go on long rides either.

Kathy

i'm wondering if i should wrap for the upcoming ride.
i wonder what most folks competeing in hoof boots (those that have gaiters) do.

thanks!

marta