[RC] 2 more GN questions/sorry - Kathie Ford

Okay eveybody, just two more questions on this GN stuff and I'll quit asking.

One I'd like to ask just as sort of a survey: how many of you out there have GN's and have a non-commercial class A for your hauling needs?Also, does the A overdid the normal Class C? Or you keep both?

Second question: I just drove mine yesterday on it's "maiden" voyage and was delightful to pull. I can turn it easily and because I'm already used to making slow wide turns that part was piece of cake.

HOWEVER!!! lol!! How do you back this thing up?? That is the only issue I had yesterday as the parking lot was so full. Oh my gosh! Barely got a spot. Backing up was an option but I quickly learned I had a very difficult time with this part. I have great mirrors on my truck that pull out (dodge 2001) and up when you need them but this was really hard for me to manuver backwards.

My 3/h BP was a dream to back up and really isn't much longer, but obviously with the GN it's different. I see riders all the time making this look easy. How do you do it?

So, are there any "tricks" to figuring this out? I am going to get my A license just to be on the save side, but I'd really like to get the backing up part down before I take the test.

All experiences and suggestions as always, are greatly appreciated. Now I'm determined to master this once and for all! Really pulls nicely though and hardly any cheating . Actually tracked very nicely.

The really tricky part will be on the windy roads we have here (Grass Valley/Auburn) when I take my daughter and my horse to her lesson. Guess safe and slow as always.

Thanks for the help guys!

cheers,
kathie

Get a FREE Web site, company branded e-mail and more from Microsoft Office Live! http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/