Home Current News News Archive Shop/Advertise Ridecamp Classified Events Learn/AERC
Endurance.Net Home Ridecamp Archives
[Archives Index]   [Date Index]   [Thread Index]   [Author Index]   [Subject Index]

[RC] Calif Commercial Driving License - k s swigart - Dawn Simas

Hi Kat,
I have a commercial driver's license because I drive a truck for a living in CA.  However, if I'm not mistaken, you do not need a *commercial* license for livestock trailers over 10K#, but a *non-commercial* Class A. 
A commercial Class A would be two written tests, a driving test, a doctor's physical on file every 2 years, and a fee (used to be about $55, probably more, my employer pays it).
I don't know what the non-commercial Class A would need, but certainly not the doctor's physical and probably only one test and a driving test and the fee.  It's not that bad, really!