[RC] Trailer Loading - sherman

I’ve had my horses get into trailers with horses they don’t know on many occasions. Aside from an occasional squeal and a hoof hitting the trailer wall (hopefully padded), which happens when they know each other also, I haven’t had any problems. I wouldn’t expect any problems as long as they are both trained to safely load and ride in a trailer. However, if they’re not, I wouldn’t consider hauling them together.

I’ve heard of the Vicks or some other smelly thing being used on the nose, I think there is even something specifically made for this use that wouldn’t irritate their skin.

Kathy

So my question is this.  I have a draft mare and now the araloosa
(Cricket).  I have a two horse straight load trailer, and I'm worried
about loading another horse in a trailer with a horse it has never met.
Does that make sense?  So then, which should I load first?  The draft
mare is fairly unflappable, but HATES the trailer, and is possibly
flappable in that situation.  She also hates anything, especially other
horses, coming up behind her.  I have no idea how Cricket will be,
except that he's young and green.  Should I trailer one to the other
place and unload and allow them to meet first before loading them both
together?

Thanks!

Elly