[RC] Engine RPMs While Hauling - Val Nicoson

I have a 1/2 ton truck pulling a 3-horse BP trailer and the truck has an RPM meter on the dash display.
It has a gas engine and a 4.5 or 5L engine...don't know which.
While hauling 2 horses today I noted the RPM read 2-1/2 and up to 3 on occasion...depending upon my speed and the terrain.

So I'm just curious at what RPM reading does it show the truck/engine may be straining vs not.

Just Curious,
Val