[RC] Spooky Horses - Karen Standefer

My dearly loved horse, Roy, I’ve had since he was 5 and he turns 14 this year.  He has always been very spooky and when he spooks he does 180’s and those huge 50’ sideways leaps.  This last summer, however, he was incredibly bad (dumped me big time at Cooley Ranch and Limestone and I don’t normally come off when he spooks).  One of my friends is a naturopath and suggested I should put him on ABC’s vitamin B supplement.  I didn’t do it, but what I did do was to change his supplement last fall to Sport Horse by Uckele.  Roy has only done 3-4 small spook-in-place spooks since I put him on this supplement last Oct.  It’s an incredible change and anyone that has ridden with us before this time would attest to how flighty he was.   He’s so dependable now that it’s scary!  It’s difficult for me to remember that I can just relax and enjoy the ride.

I don’t know if it’s the Vit B in the Uckele, but it does have a good amount and it’s one of the few supplements that does.  Whatever it was I think my horse’s spooking was due to vit/min imbalance.  All these years L

Anyway, with all the talk of spooky horses lately, I just thought I’d add this to the conversation.   I certainly didn’t expect my horse to do a turnaround at 14 years old since he’s been this way for 9 years!