[RC] Auburn State Recreation Area - sherman

Does this affect the American River Ride? Don’t we need to go up the Cardiac Bypass? I may have the wrong section in mind, but if someone knows this please advise as I was planning to ride from Maidu to Rattlesnake Bar tomorrow.

Thanks,

Kathy

From the Auburn Journal:

Trails remain closed for pump station project work

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

As contractors continue with phase two of the pump station project at the Auburn dam site along the American River, trails in the area remain closed.

"All trails in the dam site have been closed," said Scott Liske, ranger with the Auburn State Recreation Area. "The Auburn to Cool crossing and Cardiac Bypass trail will be closed seven days a week, 24 hours a day."

Construction crews are excavating and constructing an intake structure for the pump station to return the river to its natural channel, officials said.

Hikers and dog walkers in the area are putting themselves at risk when using the trails, Liske said.

"The easiest and safest way to complete the project is to keep the public out," he said. "Through October all trails in the dam site will be closed."

- Penne Usher

GIF image