[RC] trotting diagonals - sherman

My horse has low heel on his left front, throws me onto the right diagonal after about 3 strides. Yes, we have diagonal wars going. Sometimes I just give up and 2-point a lot.

Ooooh, look what I found… http://www.horsemagazine.com/CLINIC/Fitness/fitnessindex.html

Kathy

I had a horse once who definitely had a preferred diagonal. He would bump me back onto it whenever I switched. He also had high/low heel. I dealt with evening him up physically with shoeing but I also decided that I would post on his hated diagonal enough to also help even him out. He was a bossy horse and I had to be more determined that he was. After several months of very uncomfortable trotting, he did get more even and the battle of wills was over because he was more comfortable with me on his "bad" diagonal. Unfortunately, I can't remember which diagonal he preferred compared to which was his high heel.
Laney