Re: [RC] [RC] Jody's mule ! - Maryanne Gabbani

ALL our mules are half Arab in Egypt and I must say that having a lovely molly foal as my first experience with foals totally ruined me when the boys came along. She was so easy to train, picked things up right a way on the first explanation. I was really devastated when I had to sell Koko.  Now we have Lula (Pearl) a lovely grey molly hinny for a friend of mine and she has wormed her way even into the grooms hearts by being good at everything, riding and driving, and being the perfect companion to some of our grumpier geldings. I'm waiting for a young jack mule to come in the next few months. I spotted him trotting along with his mother pulling a cart in a neighbouring village and arranged to get him on weaning.

But I recently had a lovely filly born at the farm and now I'm wondering if it's a filly/colt difference because Negma is incredibly calm and sociable with everyone. I'm hoping for another crop of fillies from the sneaky three year old colt who got into the paddock and bred three of my mares last month. We were waiting for the vet (who'd broken his ankle) to geld and I guess that Wadi had other ideas. He's getting chopped asap now that the ankle is healed but the products are probably good because he's the son of one of the best endurance mares in the area and an excellent stallion and the three mares are promising as well.  Gonna be a busy winter.

Maryanne