[RC] Natural vs un-natural - Terra Daniels

Hello all,

    I am new to this site.  My name is Terra, I started riding 30 years ago, and stoped 8 years ago, when trying to jump on a horse bareback at 5 months pregnant, (boy did I feel like I had a basket ball to jump over.  but luckily the horse was very patient) with my second child, I had 3, '96,'97' & '98, then my house burned down, got a new one then got divorced.  And now, I am so grateful to be coming back to horses. I have missed them so much.   And this was one of the most practical sites I have come across! Thank you so much!

As to Natural vs un-natural ..... I am a Thai yoga massage therapist, I have studied herbs.  And the one thing that I will say to anyone, is THINK before using anything.   There are risks to it all, and there are benefits to it all.  If you want to "go natural" use what works but don't throw the foal out with the bath water just because you hear that something is "bad".  Think, think, think.

In both the case of the synthetic and the natural, the advertisers will use the tests that show that their product to the best light.  Please study it all.  I use natural products as much as I can, but I do not switch from a synthetic product that works, until I have verified for myself the the green products works just as well.

I guess, one of the hardest parts is that we don't want to, don't have time to, study these things.  So, do the best you can, but don't put your horses health in jeopardy, and that does mean studying what is out there.  And listening to the riders here who have so much experience.

Terra

"Treat your horse to luxury .... www.bamboohorsecooler.com "