Re: [RC] [RC] aluminum stirrups - Lori Bertolucci

Were you riding in them at the time?

Maryben Stover <mbstover@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No crushed aluminum stirrups but I had plastic ones snap in half...both at once......mb

On 4/12/07, Lori Bertolucci <loribertolucci@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jonni, I haven't had my foot in it, but at the Cuyama ride, first day, lunch, my horse somehow got tangled up in the trailer door while tied to the trailer and ended up on the ground. I checked to make sure he was fine and my packs were fine,,,not realizing the stirrup on the off side was completey flat until lunch was over and I was in the saddle trying to figure out why I couldn't get my foot into the stirrup. Needless to say, it was a mad dash trying to find one that I could replace it with. Thank you John Parkes for coming to the rescue! And thank you Becky Hackworth for loaning me a spare for the remainder of the weekend.
That stirrup was completey flattened. And since I always had problems getting my foot out of that stirrup when I would dismount, that squished stirrup was the last straw in making me realize how dangerous it was for me to be using them...I don't need to be knocked over the head, most times..  lol...to learn a lesson.
I am now back to using my old, tried but true, Trail Techs.

Lori

Tx Trigger <txtrigger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Has anyone actually had one of the aluminum stirrups crush around their foot when a horse fell on them, or is this just one of those urban...er, I mean, endurance legends. I'd like to hear actual cases...

Jonni