Re: [RC] Heart Monitors & Substitutes for Gel - Beth Walker

I stopped using the gel when my previous horse had an allergic reaction to it.? He had a perfectly square, raised area right where the electrode pad was, that flaked and itched afterward.? Ended up with a white spot there, too.? I had used the gel on him before, but as he got older (he was 24) he got more sensitive to things like fly spray, etc., especially if the area was under the girth or saddle, and got hot & sweaty.

Now, I just use water, too.