[RC] childrens stirrups and safety. - vjhogen

I just ordered my 5 yr old a new saddle, we got it and love the saddle.  It is an english style saddle. The stirrups that came with it tho I don't care for.  So I am looking to order a different pair.  Does any one have any suggestions.  I want something that maybe has a cage for now, and is more of a trail stirrup than the english stirrup we have now.  I ordered a pair of nylon EZ ride stirrups, thinking we could make them work.  After getting them I realize his whole leg could fit through them...  The cages that you can order look like he could still stick a foot through parts.  Any one have any suggestions, with website or contact info.  Or any suggestions on ordering the cage and modifying it so he can't get his little foot through it.  Thanks