Re: [RC] Trace Tribute saga (long) - Chrystal Woodhouse

Angie said:
 Your kid goes down you just can't LEAVE them there...can you...I
mean really...unless you have at least a *chance* at top 10.....or are
going for points??? >eg<

Just picked myself off the floor I was laughing so hard, here is a whole new article for you! What endurance mom's REALLY think when their kids get hurt or start to slow them down :-) ;-)( as long as it isn't actually life threatening) I have to say I breathed a sigh of relief when my 12 yr old decided she would stick to CTRS'this year after trying a few 50's >;-)
Has your dauhter had shin splints before? I had them for a couple of weeks when I was backpacking through Europe, after about 2 weeks they went away and I have never been troubled by them again, did she drink lots?? The one thing I keep getting warned about  with kids and endurance is how quickly they get dehydrated and when it is that cold we dont' tend to drink as much. Hats off to you for riding  in -5 weather , every April our first ride of the year is pretty much like that ( slightly warmer but still cold) if it wasn't for the fact that there hasn't been a ride since October I don't know how many people would go!!:-)The reduced  or total lack of sponging time is great though!:-)
Chrystal