[RC] alfalfa - sherman

My interpretation of the nutrition info from Susan Garlinghouse, is that in most cases it is safe to feed 25-30 percent alfalfa on a regular basis. Some of the top horses in the past were fed 100 per cent alfalfa with no problems.  I feed about one-third alfalfa. I wouldn’t want to NOT feed ANY at home, then go to a ride and have them want to eat all alfalfa, since we tend to let them eat what they want at a ride. Just my opinion.

Kathy

Where can I find this article on alfalfa? I've always fed alfalfa, and never have had a problem with it. Except that my horses like it so much, they won't eat their timothy. My vet never said anything to me.
Thanks,
Cindy